Monday, December 7, 2009

Bethlehem Assembly of God - 12/6/09

Every day God just proves to me how amazing He is, and how clearly it is His will for me to go to Romania. Yesterday, I had the privilege to speak in front of the congregations at my home church - Bethlehem Assembly of God in Valley Stream, NY.

I think they might be the most WONDERFUL church in the world! They love God, and missions, and people, and ME so much, they blessed me beyond words. Not only did they provide a substantial amount financially, some of the words I heard yesterday were words I will remember for the rest of my life. Now my church is large, one of the largest on Long Island, so I definitely do not know everyone there. People were so quick to come up and offer words of encouragement, and love, and assurance, even though they may have never met me before! I so loved that people who told me they couldn't give but came to tell me that they would be praying for me, and following me through this journey. THAT IS FAMILY!

Last night as I was driving I was just praying for every single person who contributed, whether financially or just by offering encouragement. If you're reading this and you were there yesterday, know that I prayed a special blessing on each one of your lives, that God would show you clearly that He is blessing you for the sacrifice that you made, even if it was just taking time to tell me you were praying for me. I really hope to show everyone just what God is doing in Romania because of their support!

I don't have the final numbers yet, but I can say this with confidence - because of the blessings from my church, I will be in Romania by spring 2010, there is no doubt! Thank you Jesus for touching the hearts of your people for missions, and thank you for using me to show Romanians your love!

It's true what He told me - if I give up myself to find Him, I will find myself - and I truly am finding myself through Him!

Blessings to all,

Gabrielle

1 comment:

  1. YESSSS, I had to work at a church in Central Islip so I couldn't be there :-( but I am so glad at the love that was givin from the rest of the Fam! Excited to see how God is going to continue to move in your life over the next couple of months/years ;-) xoxo

    Your sis
    D.

    ReplyDelete