Thursday, February 25, 2010

Progress!

So much has happened since my last post! I know... It's been awhile.

I am happy to say that I have raised even more support and I am almost there! Time is really flying by. I can't believe I was in Missouri 5 months ago getting trained and commissioned.

Thank you to all of you who have chosen to support me so far. You have provided me with the encouragement to press on and reach the goal that God has placed in front of me.

I got the opportunity to speak at an Italian church in Queens - Pentacostal Christian Church - back in December. This congregation was very special to me because it was one of the churches my Dad attended when he first became a Christian almost 30 years ago. He was excited to see everyone again. Of course they were amazing to say the least. I was contemplating speaking in Italian, but I honestly didn't think I could give what I had to say justice, so my translator - Steve LoVerde - did a wonderful job conveying exactly what I was saying into Italian for everyone to understand. Apparently it was a very full Sunday! God brought out the multitudes! haha!

It was so special to me to be able to speak to a community of believers from my nationality. They prayed for me in Italian and it was just BEAUTIFUL!

I love hearing and speaking Italian and I'm so glad I know a language so close to what Romanian is. Learning the Romanian language has been so much fun, especially because I have some background. I don't know very much yet though.

Tuesday I will be meeting with many of the A/G pastors at a sectional convention. Pray that God calms my nerves. One of the biggest things that works against a fund raising missionary is being timid - and I can be very timid. Please pray that God gives me words to say to these pastors to show them how much I believe God has called me to the babies and mothers in Bucharest, Romania, and that they would be willing to lend their support!

Blessings,

Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment