Friday, November 20, 2009

51%

I'm writing a whole entry without choosing a title because for the life of me I can not think of anything besides "God is Good"!

I haven't been a missionary for very long, less than a month actually, so I still don't know that much about living life as one. I can tell you one thing already though, its nothing like living an ordinary life, and I haven't even left yet! It's hard! There's so much that I could worry about all the time. I must admit, its hard not to get anxious and think too much. From the beginning, my prayer was - God if you want me to go you have to make a way. I knew it would take several miracles to actually get me to Romania.

So far, I've witnessed some pretty awesome miracles - getting to Romania the first time, God changing my heart to realize my first calling, confirmations to go, my dad's blessing, my quick approval from the Assemblies of God (the day after my birthday!), more confirmations while I was pre-field orientation in Springfield, MO, and the most recent - financial provision.

Last night I got a message from a good friend telling me that she really believed that God was telling her that He was going to provide abundantly for me to be able to do this mission, and that I shouldn't be worried. I'm not going to lie, its a battle to trust that God is going to provide financially. It sounds absurd, I know! He knows I've been feeling this way, fighting it, but still feeling it, and right on time He sent this word of encouragement. I'm such a cry baby, it brought me to tears.

Today, right on time, I got a called that made my insides scream that God is sooo good! As of today I am at 51% of my needed budget. That number is not a joke! IT IS A MIRACLE! Let me emphasize - I have done NOTHING! I got my approval on September 30, just a month and a half ago. I haven't even sent out support letters yet, I haven't visited many churches, and my prayer cards haven't even gone to the printer yet!

WHAT IS THIS!!!???

I feel like its a slap in the face saying - Hello!!! Why did you doubt ME!? Why do you worry?? My resources are unlimited and all you're worried about is how you're going make it? Foolish child. I LOVE YOU! STOP WORRYING!

God is good, He is awesome, He is unfathomable. We can never understand who is fully and that's why we doubt. We really are foolish children. He's done too much to prove his faithfulness and still we can't trust Him completely with our lives.

He made me a promise - He's going to complete the work He started in me. Everything He has done so far, especially just this last month, gives me so much hope that this promise is real! More than that, I hope that just by reading this you will know He has real promises and miracles for you too. BE ENCOURAGED!

...and always be blessed,

Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment